The environment in which modern tax practitioners operate in Ethiopia is becoming more complicated, particularly due to the staggering volume of legislation which taxpayers have to cope with, as well as interpretation issues. Due to this our Law Office believes a constructive, practical and understandable tax advice is an essential component of any business in Ethiopia.
Thus if you need a Tax Law Firm in Ethiopia, MELKAMU OGO LAW OFFICE provides you a broad range of legal services on Ethiopian Tax Law. Our Law Office’s Tax team is composed of Tax Attorneys and Tax Advisors with broad range of skills, perfectly suited to advise clients on all issues related to tax in this environment.
We are therefore able to provide clients with holistic solutions to their commercial problems. Accordingly our Tax Lawyers and Tax Advisors provide business tax consulting and planning beforehand on the Direct Taxes of Personal Income Tax, Rental Tax, Withholding Tax, Business Profit Tax and other taxes like Income from Rent of Patent and Copyright, Income from Winning Lottery, Income from Share in Company (Dividend)… etc. We also provide legal advice and representation on the main Indirect Taxes of Value Added Tax (VAT), Customs Duty, Excise and Turnover Taxes, Export Tax, Stamp and Transfer Duty… etc.
Our Law Office believes and applies the old aged motto of “prevention is better than cure” and in advance prevents our clients’ legal troubles. However in case the issue gets out of hand, our Tax Attorneys in Addis Ababa and throughout Ethiopia will provide legal advice and representation to our clients before Ethiopian Tax Authorities and also at the Civil and Criminal benches of the Ethiopian Courts.
Our works of Legal Advice and/or Representation include:
- Providing legal advice and representation on the Direct Taxes of Personal Income Tax, Rental Tax, Withholding Tax, Business Profit Tax, Income from Rent of Patent and Copyright, Income from Winning Lottery, Income from Share in Company….etc
- Providing legal advice and representation on the main Indirect Taxes of Value Added Tax (VAT), Customs Duty, Excise and Turnover Taxes, Export Tax, Stamp and Transfer Duty;
- Tax Advice and well-documented experience in negotiating and resolving tax disputes;
- Representing clients in Tax Disputes in Court Litigation, including representing clients during Tax Audits and Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes; Tax Litigation; Commercial Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution;
- Corporate and Business Organization Tax (Company Tax); Tax Aspects of Business Setting Up; Assisting in the structuring surrounding Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Restructuring;
- Tax on Financing and Re-Financing Activities; Tax on Cross Border Tax Transactions; Tax on International Franchising; Avoidance of Double Income Tax Agreements
- Tax and International Trade; Tax on Import and Export; Customs and Tax
- Tax Compliance; Tax Training; Tax Health Checks and Legal Due Diligence Studies and Reviews;
- Franchise and Tax, Real Estate and Construction Tax,
- Company Secretarial Services